Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Trip to Chicago

We told Britton he was going to ride a choo choo train to Chicago and he was so excited!
I think Courtney and I may have been more excited than he was though! We boarded the train at Dune Park, Indiana.
This is when he saw the train in the distance!
Each day, the passenger train transports people into Chicago. I think during the week, it's running every 20 minutes and on the weekend/holidays, every 2 hours. They said they transport more than 3.5 million each year!
It was really cool to ride the train and get to see all the different cities we passed through.
Auntie Sarah, Adrianna, Courtney, Jordan, Britton and I were the ones that decided to take the trip!
When we arrived in Chicago, we went to Millennium Park to see the bean. This is actually our reflection!
Britton thought it was really neat!


I was amazed at how many people were there to take pictures and see it.
I was also in shock of how many panhandlers there were. I think there had to be one every 6 feet or so. I know it's Easter weekend so I'm sure a lot of them were out but...

Britton was just so excited to be outside and playing.
These are some really neat fountains that I'm sure would be even more fun in the summer. You can see in the distance the picture on the fountain, this actually changes every few minutes.
Adrianna took Britton walking and didn't realize how deep the water was! It was too cold to let him play in it though.
Then we headed down the street to get some Chicago deep dish pizza. This is a meat lovers! They said that a large would feed 5 adults, they were right! We actually also bought a small so I could bring a piece to Brandon and also we could bring some to Dirk.
Britton wasn't too sure about this pizza. We did have tons of leftovers and headed down the street to a Blackhawks store to see what they had in Kris' name. I thought if some of the panhandlers were really hungry, they would ask for some food. They didn't...even though I had two bags of pizza hanging off the stroller! At the Blackhawks store, they did have some t-shirts with Kris' name but only one jersey. The rest had been sold!
We headed back on the train and then stopped by Michigan Lake. In the distance (you could see it better in person) is Chicago.
The wind was extremely cold coming off the lake so Britton and I headed back to the car.
This was Courtney's first time to the beach so they headed down to the water.
It was a great trip!

No comments: