Saturday, September 25, 2010

Britton's First Soccer Game

Britton's first soccer game was at 11:30 today. My parents, Brandon's parents, great Oma and Courtney all came but I wasn't sure how Britton would do. I didn't even know if he would go out there since he had been a little timid at practice and there were so many people watching.
When it was their turn to get out there, he ran right out and lined up with the rest of his team to practice.
He kicked the ball and ran so hard!
I was beyond proud of him.
He listened to his coaches and did exactly what they asked of him.
Before the actual game, they prayed.
I love this picture because it kind of exhibits what they did all game! They would run, kick the ball, run away from the ball, and chase each other! You could tell which kids had played last year.
Britton and the rest of his team played their little hearts out.
He would look over at all of us to make sure we were watching and was just grinning ear to ear.
Paityn loved watching them run and play.
I know I told him at least 20 times today how proud I was of him (and anyone else who asked or was there!)
He made me so proud. He tried his hardest, played with a smile on his face and listened to what he needed to do.
They subbed the kids in and out of the game and this was near the end. I love how he just watched everyone playing when it was his turn to sit out.
I really don't believe his first game could've gone any better. He walked away with a smile on his face and the excitement in his voice. He talked about playing soccer all day today and wanted to play again tonight. I am so very proud of you Britton!

No comments: