Friday, September 10, 2010

Things I Will Remember - 6 Months Old

Thursday - Paityn is 6 months old today!
Where has the time gone, seriously?
She is crawling, sitting up, standing holding onto things.
Where did my baby go?
She weighs 16lbs and 8 oz and is 25 1/2 inches.
Thursday - She is holding a sippy cup to her mouth,
it's bigger than she is!
We're still working on the food, she really doesn't like stuff yet.
Tonight was a first for carrots, she didn't mind them!


These past few months have been so full of so many things, the birth of our daughter, a trip to Canada, Britton starting preschool, Brandon becoming youth intern and opening his own gym...
There are a few things that I will never forget!
Britton -
I will never forget
- the love that you had for your sister as soon as she was born
- the way you looked at her and wanted to hold her right away. You even wanted us to bring her home from the hospital!
- the way you still look at her now, making her laugh and smile, bringing her toys, "watching her for me" You are always looking out for her! You can see the love in your eyes when you look at her.
- how you ask about every toy you give Paityn to make sure it's safe for her to have
- when you do something you're not supposed to, you're the first one to tell on yourself
- how you said a-peens and were so excited about our trip to Canada to see Opa
- how you said aminals
- that you love to "match" mama. We have to wear the same flip flops all the time!
- watching you sing with your hands raised high
- how you straighten up after yourself and put daddy's shoes away :)
- when we went to Canada and you saw the mountains and said "those are some big mountains, how are we going to get around them? I'm going to ask God. I'm going to say, God, how we get around those biiiiig mountains?"
- drinking mama's coffee together (Panera iced caramel)
- how you love to hold Paityn and sing Jesus loves me to her
- the way you say your prayers
- how you still like to snuggle with mama on the couch
I'm so proud of you my son and all you are! I love you!

Paityn -
I will never forget
- your first cry and seeing you for the first time
- holding you in my arms and knowing that God meant for me to be a mother
- what a great baby you are. You have such an easy temperament and only cry when you need something!
- as frustrating as it is, watching you and Britton laugh and play with each other when you both know you should be sleeping! I'm afraid of what trouble you two will get into!
- watching you with Britton, you adore your big brother and he adores you
- hearing you laughing at Britton, it melts my heart
- all the milestones that you are just flying through, you are growing way too quickly!
- how you snuggle right into me
I can't believe you have been in our lives for 6 months already! I love you so much my little girl and can't wait to watch you grow up. I thank God for the many blessings that he has given us. Thank you for blessing our lives each and everyday!

No comments: