Friday, November 12, 2010

Unity Retreat

This morning we got packed and ready to head to unity retreat with the youth. We've been working so hard on everything and hope everything goes well!
I left around 2 with the kids and they slept until Louisville. We stopped a couple of places for things we still needed for the retreat, ate dinner at Panera, ran a couple of more errands and then headed to Camp Kavanaugh in Crestwood, KY. Britton and I unloaded everything, got our bed set up and then waited for everyone else to arrive. When they came, we handed out the shirts for teams and then I headed to bed with the kids. When we got to our room, Britton asked if he had a shirt and what team he was on. He was so excited to have a green and red shirt! The red one was closer to his size so he wanted to put it on right away and sleep in it. He said he was wearing a red shirt but still wanted to be on my team (green team!)
The kids were pretty worn out but very excited about everything and took a little while to go to sleep. I had drank a lot of coffee to stay awake driving and couldn't sleep either. Needless to say, I did not get much sleep!

No comments: