Saturday, April 9, 2011

ADPi 50th Brunch

This morning we traveled to Martin for the ADPi 50th brunch. It was so good to see some sisters! While there, I received this certificate for a 10 year pinning. Hard to believe I have been an ADPi for that long already!
This lady was actually the first pledge class president. I think there were 12 ladies that received the 50 year pinning. What an amazing thing to witness, woman who founded ADPi at UT Martin!
This was the 50 year pinning ceremony.
Love Candace and miss her so much!
Amiee, Candace and I.

After brunch, I headed to the Mexican restaurant where some ADPi's chose to gather instead of paying the $40 for lunch :) So glad to see so many sisters.


So this weekend really reminded me of a couple of things:


"We live for each other" - Some of my best friends today are my sisters. They have been here and continue to be a integral part of my life. No matter what, I know I could call one of my sisters and they would be here for me.


The creed of Alpha Delta Pi - I Believe in Alpha Delta Pi. I Believe that my sorority is more than a ritual or a symbol; that it is a way of life. I Believe that the principles established by our founders in 1851 are enduring attributes, exemplifying the highest ideals of Christian womanhood. I Believe that our motto, "We Live for Each Other", expresses the true spirit of fraternity; and that by living this motto my life will be enriched by true friendships and by unselfish service to mankind. I Believe that the privilege of membership in Alpha Delta Pi brings the responsibility to do my best in whatever I undertake, always remembering that leadership requires confidence tempered with humility and courage blended with tolerance. I Believe that I must strive to become a well balanced person by following the dictates of the four points symbolized by our diamond shaped badge: first, strengthening my own character and personality; second, watching my attitudes toward my fellow beings; third, recognizing the value of high educational standards; fourth, developing faith and loyalty. I Believe that these four guide-posts, guarded by the stars and friendly hands clasped in the Adelphean bonds of fellowship will lead me to achieve a rich and useful life.


I am who I am today because of ADPi. It has shaped me into the woman that I am today. So thank you to all the woman who have played a part in my life, the sisters that were missed this weekend and the ones that I was able to spend time with. Each of you means so much! OBIC!

No comments: