Thursday, May 2, 2013

Beckett's Birth Day

 It's hard to believe that this day is here. My C-section was scheduled for 12 noon so I couldn't eat anything past 4 am. I woke up without an alarm at 3 so I decided I better enjoy a last little meal! The kids slept great and all I wanted to do was snuggle with them before I left. I made Britton his favorite breakfast and got all their stuff ready for school. Britton was beyond excited to show everyone his lost tooth and the fact that the tooth fairy had visited and left $5.

 Paityn kept talking about seeing and holding baby Beckett. How much they really understand I don't know but I can't wait to see how they act when they see him!
 We dropped Paityn off at school and then headed to Baptist. Both Britton and Paityn were delivered at Northcrest so this was a new experience for us! It was great from the moment we stepped in the doors. This is probably the last time I will be pregnant so as excited as I am, I'm also a little sad. Feeling him move is an incredible experience that you really can't explain. As much as I want to hold my baby boy, I also don't want to forget this moment.

We got registered in and headed to our labor and delivery room. Our nurse was incredible. She has worked here for 40 years and was so kind and compassionate. She couldn't get my IV started so she called in the CRNA to do it. They were wonderful as well. I explained how crappy I felt with my last epidural - the itching, the vomiting and the low blood pressure so they said they would do everything they could to make this a great experience. The CRNA put in my spinal and at one point I started to feel very nauseated but they corrected my blood pressure and all was well. I will not only remember this C-section but was able to enjoy every moment.
Brandon was quiet during it all but did get some great pictures.
Beckett Josiah Batson was born at 12:15pm at Baptist Hospital. He was 19 3/4 inches and...

Right away we knew he was a big boy...
we did not expect 9 lbs and 9 oz though!
As soon as they wrapped him up, he calmed down and lay quietly. One of my favorite parts was that I was able to see everything they did to him at all times. He never left the room.

He did not want to open his eyes though!


We were moved to a recovery room where we spent the next few hours. I was even able to hold him as they moved us from the OR to recovery. They assessed him but Brandon was with him and I could hear him and otherwise he stayed with us. He was so content!

He didn't even want to nurse until we were just about to head upstairs.
 Finally he opened his eyes. What a beautiful little boy we have!

No comments: