Monday, March 16, 2009

Sunshine Village

I had needed to get some new goggles for skiing but didn't have a chance before we went to Sunshine for skiing. Unfortunately, by the time we made it to the top of the first run, my sunglasses where iced over. Angela was only wearing her glasses and they iced over as well, so, we skied down and went to buy some new goggles!

On the next run, Meghan attempted a jump and failed!
I did ask her if she was okay before I took the picture! When I asked her, she said "I think so!" No one in our family saw her land but while I was putting my camera away, a couple came by, asked if she was okay and said that was a nasty fall!
By the time she had stood up, I noticed a nice bruise forming on her right cheek. She had also broken her goggles and had to buy some new ones as well.
The weather/visibility wasn't that great but the snow conditions were excellent! There was 24 cm of fresh powder!
Meghan, Angela and I. We had a really good time skiing together.
Dad had us skiing a lot of black diamonds and challenging us to the point of exhaustion! He might be the oldest, but he is definitely the best skier!

One of the last runs of the day was on top of Goats Eye, the view is breathtaking when it is sunny out. You could just see the snow whipping off the cliff in the distance.
Driving back to the condo, the sun came out and the mountains/sky were beautiful.
This is my favorite place in the world to be.
I feel so afresh and anew in God's glory!

We realized as we were driving that one side of the road was beautiful and sunny,
while the other side, there was a storm occurring. Marian had spent the day with the boys, Britton, Dylan and Brayden. Britton was sound asleep when we got back!
Britton apparently had a great day playing with the boys!
Marian, Angela, Dylan and Brayden went home, back to Edmonton and my dad and I went to get some pizza!
We played for awhile, Britton attempted to massage my already sore muscles! Then it was time for bed!

No comments: